This weekend will be the first 3 day weekend of the summer season! YAY! And with that, for many, comes the beginning of the BBQ season…..another YAY! But (and sorry there is a but) also comes the start of overeating and drinking that happens between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Believe it or not, I have seen more pounds gained during “bikini season” than during the winter holidays. So, a little words of wisdom: 1. This will not be the ONLY BBQ you go to all season, so leave some food behind. 2. Too many cocktails only make you fill like sh*t, and 3. Don’t forget to move that wonderful body of yours!!! Your welcome.
In this week’s The Keri Report:
- Keri’s Kitchen: Egg Salad With Cottage Cheese
- 14 Reasons You Are Always Hungry
- 10 Food Staples Every Meal Prepper Should Keep Stocked
Keri’s Kitchen: Egg Salad With Cottage Cheese
I am not usually a slave to food trends! Fashion? Well that’s another story. But recently I kept seeing pics on Instagram of egg salad made with cottage cheese. So since I love eggs and cottage cheese I decided to try it.
Basically all I did was hard boil 2 eggs (made this only for me, since hubby refused to try!), chopped them in a bowl, added cottage cheese the same way I would mayo and a little ground pepper.
Here’s what I think:
- I used 2% small curd cottage cheese (it’s typically my favorite) – but maybe this would of been better with 4%? And a creamier cottage cheese variety?
- It was tasty — BUT, don’t love as much as made with real mayo.
- Glad I tried it and would recommend that you do too; but think fashion trends are still more up more alley!
Sometimes doesn’t it feel like you are always hungry? Well, guess what – you are NOT alone! There are definitely legitimate reasons for feeling this way and luckily there are some solid remedies! Now, if you’d only listen 🙂
SO hard to narrow this list down to ten; but it is definitely a good beginning! I will admit living in NYC makes it so much easier for last minute food shopping. However, even for me there are days when I don’t even want to walk a single block to the market. Thank god for staples!! Oh – and Seamless 🙂